Tuesday, February 6, 2007

New and Old Canon



While I was at my grandfather's place to celebrate his birthday, the topic of cameras came up. I remembered that he had my dad's old camera, so I asked my grandfather if I could see it. It was interesting to compare the two cameras side by side, with my current camera on the left. Both cameras have the 50mm 1.8 lens, but the old 35mm film Canon AE-1 on the right uses the FD mount lens. The EF (electrofocus) lens that the all the current Canons use is the model that replaced the FD.

I took this photo with my dad's Nikon D200. Soon after using the Canon AE-1, he switched to the Nikon F3, then got a Nikon F4, then finally went digital with the D200.

That Canon AE-1 is now mine. I can't wait to get a battery and some film for it so I can try it out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, your new camera is very nice hun. Oohh, the apt. is so cold :(

Well, gotta wash dishes. XOXOXOX lol haha

About the Site

  • Author: Ellis Reyes
  • Region: Cherry Hill, NJ; Philadelphia, PA
  • Cameras: Canon Digital Rebel XTi (new); Canon D30 (old)
  • Lenses: Canon 28mm 1.8; Canon 50mm 1.8 II; Canon 18-55mm 3.5-5.6 II
  • Other: Canon 430ex Speedlight; BG-E3 Vertical Grip
  • Favorite Subjects: People, Architecture, Streetscapes

Hits